Here are figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics to Jun 2009 (released 14/09/09) via aaNet's monthly newsletter
• At the end of June 2009, there were 8.4 million active internet subscribers in Australia
• Dial up users still account for 13% of internet subscribers with 1.1 million users.
• DSL continued to be the major technology for non dial up connections with 50% (4.2 million) subscribers.
• 57% of non dial up subscribers are now using a download speed of 1.5Mbps or greater, compared with 51% in December 2008
• Mobile wireless subscribers account for 23% of non dial up users with 2 million subscribers.
Data from Australian Bureau of statistics 8153.0 - Internet Activity, Australia, Jun 2009, released 14/09/09