Friday 2 November 2012

iPad Competitions Galore - Do they Add Valuable Subscribers

______________________________________________________________________

I am sure you have all seen the ongoing ebb and flow of competitions used to entice people to subscribe (and refer friends  to go into the draw) to win an iPad. Just today I checked my Facebook page and there for all to be seen, two competitions, one after the other. See image below.

Does giving iPads away bring highly engaged subscribers?  Personally, unless you are an Apple reseller, I doubt they do. I enter these competitions purely to win the iPad. I know this as I recently unsubscribed from an online book reseller after I entered the competition.

Perhaps if I had won their iPad, i would have remained somewhat loyal to their emails out of respect for the prize I would have won!

What are your thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment